The Help Group’s residential treatment program, Project Six/The Commons, is seeking a qualified individual for our open Residential Program Manager position!
Our mission is to assist young people in gaining the comprehensive skills necessary to successfully reintegrate into their local school, community and family home.
Project Six/The Commons treats adolescents with a variety of diagnoses, social-emotional and behavioral needs within a nurturing environment, where positive and constructive feedback is integrated into a structured daily schedule.
Our Residential Program Manager plays an integral role in creating this therapeutic environment in which our adolescents can heal, grow, and belong.
- Performs supervisory duties including: training department staff, manages performance, conducts performance appraisals and recommends salary increases; takes disciplinary measures as needed.
- Ensures proper staff ratios and oversees childcare scheduling and coverage for the residential program based on number of residents at a given time, including scheduling breaks, holidays, and staff vacation time with Program Director support.
- Provides supervision and training for relief and overnight staff as needed.
- Provides on-call response to staff for issues related to programming and staff assignments.
- Provides oversight to the physical care and nurturing of children in residential placement; monitors daily incident reports and responds as needed to resolve problems and concerns.
- Identifies training needs of staff; works with the Program Director to develop and implement orientation and training programs for child care staff; provides direct orientation and training as needed.
- Oversees and documents staff responsibilities, including attendance logs, daily goal logs, petty cash, communication and phone logs, facility maintenance, etc.
- Delegates and supervises daily residential program responsibilities so as to effect efficient operation of the facility, including documentation of children’s progress, activity planning, program treatment development, shopping and supply requisition.
- Assists Program Director with quality assurance, including maintaining resident and staff files, ensuring proper documentation in all files.
- Participates in regularly scheduled treatment meeting, participates in treatment planning for individual children and translates treatment objectives into treatment techniques for childcare staff, with Program Director support.
- Co-facilitates daily staff meetings to ensure effective communication and coordination of clients’ services.
- Provides crisis-intervention type services as needed either in response to requests for other staff members or as a result of personal observation.
- Ensures compliance with Title 22 and other contract agency regulations and maintains Agency Quality Assurance standards.
-Masters level or BA/BS in psychology, social work or similar field.
-Prior experience in a supervisory role within a residential treatment program for young people or similar setting
-Prior experience working with adolescents on the autism spectrum and/or with significant emotional and behavior challenges preferred.
-Must be able to work assigned schedule (see below)
- Effective communication skills both oral and written.
-Ability to be flexible and work in a changing environment.
-Computer skills sufficient to meet production demands of the job including Microsoft Office and Excel, and skill in maintaining detained, accurate and complete records.
-Valid CA driver’s license with a minimum of 3 years of driving experience; Good driving record and the ability to be insured by the agency insurer. Must have less than 2 points on license.
-Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience with behavioral intervention preferred.
-Must clear CA fingerprinting background check.
Schedule( subject to change and weekends as needed)