We are searching for a Parent Advocate to join our FSP team located in Van Nuys!
- Assist family in all of the FSP process.
- Provide family support and model/coach family in such areas as communication, anger management, problem solving, stress management, parenting skills, etc.
- Act as an advocate for the family and their needs.
- Provide in-home community based direct service to families.
- Participate on the Child and Family Team, helping the engagement of the child, family, extended family, and informal resources.
- Participate in the Child and Family Team, helping the engagement of child, family, extended family and other supports.
- Interface with DCFS, Probation Officers, mental health workers, schools, court systems and other community providers.
- Ensure 24-hour availability and crisis intervention on an as needed basis.
- Training and supervision will be provided in regard to anger management, problem solving, communication techniques and appropriate discipline, as well as to family-centered and strengths-based services.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED.
- MUST be a parent or caregiver and a past consumer of the following: Wraparound, DCFS, Juvenile Probation, Regional Center, Mental health or similar services
- Able to function as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Familiarity with principles of family-centered, strength based services preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish required!
- Typing and basic computer skills required
- MUST have a valid CA driver’s license with a good driving record (less than 2 points on license)!
Please send all resumes to email@example.com or fax to (818) 779-5242. Please include the position that you are applying for in the subject line. Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum qualifications!