The Help Group, a large non-profit organization in the San Fernando Valley that works with special needs children and adolescents, is searching for a full time Employment Specialist (40 hrs/wk) to join our Vocational team! Position will be in both the Valley and Culver City. This is a TEMPORARY position (no benefits) for 4-6 months. It is highly likely that the position will turn to a regular full time position with benefits after the 4-6 months!
- Provide vocational assessment, employment preparation, job development and job placement services to disabled clients.
- Develop an Individual Vocational Plan for all authorized Department of Rehabilitation clients.
- Have and employ a working knowledge of each client Individual Education Plan (I.E.P.)
- Conduct job clubs as directed by the Vocational Director.
- Maintain client charts in a responsible manner and meet all paperwork deadline requirements.
- Maintain productivity rate at required program standards.
- Under supervision of the Vocational Director, maintain effective job development and coaching methods.
- Determine a work plan for consumers and all activities relating to job placement.
- Identify potential community employers and make presentations.
- Select and place clients in part time and full time paid employment with local businesses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.A.degree preferred. Experience may substitute for degree. Education and experience in mental health, social services, business or related field.
- Two years continuous work experience working with young adults (ages 16-22) with disabilities.
- Experience or training in sales and marketing helpful. Must be able to drive and have a clean DMV report.
- Job development experience is preferred.
- High energy, attention to detail, well organized and impeccable time management skills required!
Please email your resume to email@example.com or fax to 818-779-5242. Email preferred.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.thehelpgroup.org