Website The Help Group
We are currently seeking an Assistant Principal for our Sunrise school which offers comprehensive special education day school programs for students, ages 5-22, with moderate global delays associated with autism and other developmental disabilities. The primary goal is to enable each student to realize his/her fullest potential and to become as independent as possible. We have positions available at both our Sherman Oaks campus and Culver City campus.
Moderate/Severe Credential. Minimum 3 years experience as a classroom teacher with SH and one year school administration experience required. Candidates with no administration experience but who have 5 years teaching experience will also be considered.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure compliance with school district policies and procedures.
- Hire, orient, train, supervise and evaluate teaching staff.
- Ensure that classroom curriculum is appropriate and meet the needs of each student.
- Supervise behavior management program.
- Transition new students into school program.
- Develop extracurricular programs.
- Serve as coordinator of interdisciplinary team.
- Attend student Individual Education Program (IEP’s) or send an administrative designee.
- Serve as liaison to parents and school district.
- Oversee outcome evaluation study to ensure program is achieving its goals.
- Manage curriculum and reinforcement.
The Help Group offers wonderful training opportunities, a supportive, professional work environment and great benefits, including:
- Excellent benefits, including a 100% employer-sponsored health insurance plan
- Dental & vision insurance