Website The Help Group
because every child deserves a great future
We are currently seeking an Assistant Principal for Village Glen Elementary and Middle School. Village Glen offers a college preparatory curriculum to students with social and communicative differences in both Sherman Oaks and in Culver City. It serves students from kindergarten through twelfth grade and includes specialized programs such as Beacon, for students who need a more intensive behavioral program, and Pace for students who are dually-exceptional (Aspergers and Gifted). We have positions available at both our Sherman Oaks and Culver City campuses.
Mild/Moderate Credential. Minimum 3 years experience as a classroom teacher with SH and 1 year school administration experience required. Candidates with no administration experience but who have 5 years teaching experience will also be considered.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure compliance with school district policies and procedures.
- Hire, orient, train, supervise and evaluate teaching staff.
- Ensure that classroom curriculum is appropriate and meet the needs of each student.
- Supervise behavior management program.
- Transition new students into school program.
- Develop extracurricular programs.
- Serve as coordinator of interdisciplinary team.
- Attend student Individual Education Program (IEP’s) or send an administrative designee.
- Serve as liaison to parents and school district.
- Oversee outcome evaluation study to ensure program is achieving its goals.
- Manage curriculum and reinforcement.
The Help Group offers wonderful training opportunities, a supportive, professional work environment and great benefits, including:
- Excellent benefits, including a 100% employer-sponsored health insurance plan
- Dental & vision insurance