Website The Help Group
The Help Group is a large (900+ employees) innovative organization serving children with special needs. Founded in 1975, The Help Group is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive nonprofit organization of its kind in the United States serving children with special needs related to autism, Asperger’s disorder, learning disabilities, ADHD, mental retardation, abuse and emotional problems.
We are currently seeking a Case Manager for our FSP program located in Van Nuys.
Bachelor’s degree required in related field and two years experience in social services required. Fluency in Spanish preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide case management services to FSP children and their families, including the identification and pursuit of resources necessary and appropriate to meet clients’ needs.
• Provide in-home direct service to families as needed.
• Provide supportive assistance to the client in the assessment and determination of need.
• Assist therapists in obtaining outcome measures and other documents as assigned.
• Assist with securing adequate living arrangements, vocational, vocational activities, schooling, supportive services, and mental health services.
• Assist FSP clients and their families in linking with other service agencies as necessary.
• Attend outside agency meetings with community liaisons as assigned.
• Provide 24 hour availability seven days per week and crisis intervention to clients on an as-needed basis.
• Maintain client charts in a responsible manner and meet all paperwork and paperwork deadline requirements.
• Conduct phone screening and outreach services for potential FSP clients.
• Provide case management assessments and may complete aspects of administrative intakes and group intakes on new FSP clients as assigned.
• Participate in groups as assigned.
• Participate in weekly FSP/Wrap Around staff meetings.
• Participate in trainings as assigned.
• Comply with the Agency, contract and subcontract guidelines, policies and procedures.
• Comply with applicable professional licensing or certification requirements and ethical standards.
• Arrange work schedule of required hours to the benefit of the FSP Program and clients with approval of the FSP Program Coordinator.
The Help Group offers wonderful training opportunities, a supportive, professional work environment and great benefits, including:
Excellent benefits, including a 100% employer-sponsored health insurance plan
Dental & vision insurance
Please send resume, cover letter and salary history.