The Help Group, a large non-profit organization in the San Fernando Valley that works with special needs children and adolescents, is searching for a full time Employment Specialist (40 hrs/wk) to join our dynamic Vocational team!
Work with high school students and young adults with emotional/mental health challenges, providing a variety of vocational and employment services . Assist young people with determining their vocational interests, skills, and aptitudes, followed by helping them to find, prepare for and maintain appropriate job placements.
- B.A.degree preferred in psychology, social services, rehab services, education, or related fields
- Desire candidate with previous work experience and current desire to work with teens or young adults (ages 16-22) with disabilities
Must possess high energy, outgoing personality and be someone who can successfully develop community business relationships and jobs for clients
- Experience or training in sales, marketing, and/or job development helpful.
- Attention to detail, good writing skills, well organized, and ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team setting
- Valid California driver’s license and good driving record