The HELP Group
Founded in 1975, The Help Group is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive nonprofit of its kind in the United States serving children with special needs related to autism spectrum disorder, learning disabilities, ADHD, developmental delays, abuse and emotional problems.
POSITION: Life Skills Coach – Westside/SFV Part-Time
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree preferred, or minimum three years experience in social services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide life skills counseling and other related services
- Assist participants in implementing individualized program plan
- Support participants through enhancement of educational/vocational skills, social skills and improvement of self-advocacy skills
- Assist participants in identifying career goals and preparing for future employment settings
- Assist participants in developing strategies to reach his/her own personal life goals and objectives
- Function as the case manager and coordinate the various aspects of the program plan
- Provides the various supports required for the participant to achieve success in school, work, and home or in the community
- Provide job search skills training.
- Provide independent living skills training.
- Communicate with instructors, dorm personnel, employers, therapists and others in the community to gauge client progress and identify additional needs
- Provide parents/caregivers with regular updates regarding client’s progress and relevant concerns
- Maintain client charts in a confidential, responsible manner and meet all paperwork deadline requirements.
- Participate in all staff meetings and trainings.
The Help Group offers wonderful training opportunities, a supportive, professional work environment and great benefits, including:
- Excellent benefits, including a 100% employer-sponsored health insurance plan
- Dental & vision insurance
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your resume, cover letter and salary history to email@example.com.
To learn more about The Help Group visit www.thehelpgroup.org