Website The HELP Group
Founded in 1975, The Help Group is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive nonprofit of its kind in the United States serving children with special needs related to autism spectrum disorder, learning disabilities, ADHD, developmental delays, abuse and emotional problems.
The Help Group’s specialized day schools offer pre-K through high school programs for more than 1,300 students. Our wide range of mental health and therapy services, child abuse and residential programs extends its reach to more than 5,000 children and their families each year. With over 800 staff members, our state of the art schools and programs are located on four major campuses in the Los Angeles area.
The Help Group is currently seeking a full-time California licensed OT to join our dynamic team at our San Fernando Valley campus (Sherman Oaks, CA) and our Westside campus (Culver City, CA). Our campuses services students with autism spectrum disorders and learning disabilities. With our multidisciplinary team approach, you will have the opportunity to work with counselors, teachers and speech therapists in individual and small group interventions. The agency is dedicated to professional development so new grads are encouraged to apply.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide individual or group services as appropriate.
- Attend Individual Education Program (IEP) meetings as indicated.
- Participate in monthly department meetings.
- Participate in monthly department in-services.
- Coordinate with therapists, teachers, administrators and other relevant professionals.
- Meet expected productivity levels.
- Maintain client information and client charts in a responsible and confidential manner.
- Meet all paperwork deadline requirements.
- Comply with applicable professional licensing or certification requirements and ethical standards.
- Arrange work schedule of required hours to the benefit of the clients and school with the approval of the Clinical Lead
- New graduates encouraged to apply: 1 year or relevant experience
Required license or certification:
- California Licensed OT
The Help Group offers:
- Competitive salaries
- CEU reimbursement
- Low case loads
- 10 month school year work schedule
- Excellent benefits, including a 100% employer-sponsored health insurance plan
- Dental & vision insurance
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity, please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about The Help Group, please visit our website www.thehelpgroup.org.