Website The Help Group
Founded in 1975, The Help Group is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive nonprofit of its kind in the United States serving children with special needs related to autism spectrum disorder, learning disabilities, ADHD, developmental delays, abuse and emotional problems.
Minimum high school diploma. Past consumer of DMH, DCFS Probation or similar services, successfully transitioned to self-sufficiency. Able to function as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Familiarity with principles of family-centered, strengths-based services. Knowledge of the community resources. Typing and basic computer skills required. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Facilitate family’s involvement in all aspects of the FCCS process.
• Provide family support, act as an advocate for family in all aspects of the FCCS process.
• Assist family to have a voice in treatment team meetings, such as consultations with assigned therapist, case manager and psychiatrist.
• Model and coach family per recommendations of treating clinician, including the use of the treatment plan, in such areas as: communication skills, anger management, problem solving, stress management, appropriate discipline, etc.
• Provide in-home direct service, as well as phone contact as needed, to parents and/or caregivers.
• Assist families with contacting and following through with community resources provided by the case manager.
• Guide family through intricacies of service delivery system.
• Provide culturally appropriate services to children and families.
• Interface with DCFS, DMH, court systems, schools and other community liaisons. Have knowledge of the IEP process in order to coach parent/caregiver.
• Ensure availability to parent/caregiver when deemed appropriate by the treatment team.
• Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings, community meetings and other meetings as assigned.
• Attend training relevant to parent partner’s duties.
The Help Group offers wonderful training opportunities, a supportive, professional work environment and great benefits, including:
• Excellent benefits, including a 100% employer-sponsored health insurance plan
• Dental & vision insurance
Please send resume and cover letter.