Website The Help Group
Because every child deserves a great future
Founded in 1975, The Help Group is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive nonprofit of its kind in the United States serving children with special needs related to autism spectrum disorder, learning disabilities, ADHD, developmental delays, abuse and emotional problems.
The Help Group’s specialized day schools offer pre-K through high school programs for more than 1,300 students. Our wide range of mental health and therapy services, child abuse and residential programs extends its reach to more than 5,000 children and their families each year. With over 800 staff members, our state of the art schools and programs are located on four major campuses in the Los Angeles area.
The Help Group is currently seeking Full Time California licensed Speech – Language Pathologists to join our dynamic team on both our Sherman Oaks and Culver City campuses. Our campuses service students with autism spectrum disorders and learning disabilities. With our multidisciplinary team approach, you will have the opportunity to work with counselors, teachers and Occupational Therapists in individual and small group interventions. The agency is dedicated to professional development so new grads are encouraged to apply.
- Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology.
- License in Speech-Language Pathology from Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Examining Committee in the State of California and from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association.
- Clinical Fellows in Speech-Language Pathology are also eligible for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide speech and language services to clients with autism and other developmental disabilities at The Help Group Schools.
- Provide individual or group services as appropriate.
- Prepare appropriate documentation related to present levels and goals and present information at IEP meetings.
- Coordinate with counselors, Occupational Therapists, teachers, and other relevant professionals to ensure LAS activities and progress on goals are carried over and sustained in the classroom.
- Provide parents with regular updates on student progress and recommendations for support they can provide at home.
- Meet expected productivity levels as determined by the Director of Related Services.
- Meet all documentation deadlines as set forth by the agency and/or its funding districts.
- Comply with the Agency guidelines and policies.
- Maintain client information in a confidential manner.
- Comply with applicable professional licensing or certification requirements and ethical standards.
- Arrange work schedule of required hours to the benefit of the school and clients, with the approval of the Speech Pathology Clinical Supervisor.
The Help Group offers wonderful training opportunities, a supportive, professional work environment and great benefits, including:
- Excellent benefits, including a 100% employer-sponsored health insurance plan
- Dental & vision insurance
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your resume, cover letter and salary history. To learn more about The Help Group visit www.thehelpgroup.org