The Help Group
Founded in 1975, The Help Group is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive nonprofit of its kind in the United States serving children with special needs related to autism spectrum disorder, learning disabilities, ADHD, developmental delays, abuse and emotional problems.
The Help Group is currently seeking a full time California licensed Speech Therapist to join our dynamic team on our Sherman Oaks campus. With our multidisciplinary team approach, you will have the opportunity to work with counselors, teachers and Occupational Therapists in individual and small group interventions. The agency is dedicated to professional development so new grads are encouraged to apply.
- Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology.
- License in Speech-Language Pathology from Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Examining Committee in the State of California and from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association.
- Clinical Fellows in Speech-Language Pathology are also eligible for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide speech and language services to clients with autism and other developmental disabilities at The Help Group Schools.
- Provide individual or group services as appropriate.
- Prepare appropriate documentation related to present levels and goals and present information at IEP meetings.
- Coordinate with counselors, Occupational Therapists, teachers, and other relevant professionals to ensure LAS activities and progress on goals are carried over and sustained in the classroom.
- Provide parents with regular updates on student progress and recommendations for support they can provide at home.
- Meet expected productivity levels as determined by the Director of Related Services.
- Meet all documentation deadlines as set forth by the agency and/or its funding districts.
- Comply with the Agency guidelines and policies.
- Maintain client information in a confidential manner.
- Comply with applicable professional licensing or certification requirements and ethicalstandards.
- Arrange work schedule of required hours to the benefit of the school and clients, with the approval of the Speech Pathology Clinical Supervisor.
The Help Group offers wonderful training opportunities, a supportive, professional work environment and great benefits, including:
- Excellent benefits, including a 100% employer-sponsored health insurance plan
- Dental, vision, and life insurance
- 403b retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Vacation and Sick Leave
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your resume, cover letter and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about The Help Group visit www.thehelpgroup.org.