Website The Help Group
About The Help Group
The Help Group is a large (900+ employees) innovative organization serving children with special needs. Founded in 1975, The Help Group is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive nonprofit organization of its kind in the United States serving children with special needs related to autism, Asperger’s disorder, learning disabilities, ADHD, mental retardation, abuse and emotional problems.
Excellent benefits, including 100% employer sponsored health insurance plans
Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology. License in Speech- Language Pathology from Speech- Language Pathology and Audiology Examining Committee in the State of California and from American Speech- Language Hearing Association. Clinical Fellows in Speech-Language Pathology are also eligible for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide speech and language services to clients with autism and other developmental
disabilities at Bridgeport, Summit View, Village Glen, Sunrise and Young Learners Pre- School.
- Provide individual or group services as appropriate.
- Prepare appropriate documentation related to present levels and goals and present information
at IEP meetings.
- Coordinate with counselors, OT therapists, teachers, and other relevant professionals to ensure
LAS activities and progress on goals are carried over and sustained in the classroom.
- Provide parents with regular updates on student progress and recommendations for support they
can provide at home.
- Meet expected productivity levels as determined by the Director of LAS/OT/APE Services.
- Maintain client charts in a responsible manner and meet all documentation and Welligent data
entry deadlines as set forth by the agency and/or its funding districts.
- Comply with the Agency guidelines and policies.
- Maintain client information in a confidential manner.
- Comply with applicable professional licensing or certification requirements and ethical