Website The Help Group
Because every child deserves a great future
About The Help Group
The Help Group is a large (900+ employees) innovative organization serving children with special needs. Founded in 1975, The Help Group is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive nonprofit organization of its kind in the United States serving children with special needs related to autism, Asperger’s disorder, learning disabilities, ADHD, mental retardation, abuse and emotional problems.
Bilingual Spanish MAT Therapist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct MAT assessments and complete all paperwork and reports in a timely manner as required by DMH and DCFS.
- Provide individual and/or family treatment to at-risk youth & SED children in the home and within our center.
- Provide referrals to parents, and/or foster parents.
- Link client for mental health services when needed.
- Provide group treatment, parent support groups, parenting education classes as assigned.
- Provide 24-hour coverage to assigned client caseload.
- Maintain productivity rate at required Agency standards.
- Maintain client charts in a responsible manner and meet all DMH paperwork deadlines requirements.
- Ongoing collaboration and consultation with outside providers, community members, and MAT leadership at DMH and DCFS.
- Attend trainings as needed.
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings, department and agency wide meetings and trainings and other meetings as assigned.
- Comply with applicable professional licensing, or certification requirements and ethics.
- Conduct all functions in accordance with Agency guidelines, policies, and procedures.
Qualifications: MSW or MFT – registered with the Board of Behavior Sciences required. DMH paperwork experience preferred. One year clinical experience working with children, adolescents and their families. Some experience providing home based counseling services. Minimum of two evening hours required to provide treatment services. Strong organizational, problem-solving skills.