The Help Group is looking for a dynamic Director for our ADVANCE LA program!
At ADVANCE LA we offer the answer to one of the most frequently asked questions by parents of teens and young adults with special needs, “What happens next?” We provide that much needed support that facilitates a greater level of independence for each of our clients based on their individual needs.
On their journey to increased independence many young people require additional guidance and support in order to be successful during this exciting but challenging time. Advance LA is dedicated to providing resources and support to teens and young adults with a wide range of diagnoses such as Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, Asperger’s Syndrome, executive functioning difficulties, and other social/emotional issues. We focus on working with families and professionals on developing and implementing interventions that are practical, successful, and accessible.
Our services include:
- One-on-one life skills coaching
- A transitional living program located on a college campus
- Conferences and Workshops for teens, young adults, parents, and professionals
- Social and recreational opportunities
- College and career planning and support
ADVANCE LA is committed to meeting the current and future needs of teens, young adults and their families, ensuring they make meaningful progress. Through our work, we hope to inspire personal growth and development, offer a sense of mastery and accomplishment, and allow the client to reach greater levels of independence.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assign tasks, monitor progress, and provide feedback to all staff
- Obtain and disseminate trainings on leadership to leadership team
- Problem-solve issues with clients, families and staff.
- Lead and strategize marketing meetings, provide structure to develop plans, oversee implementation of marketing strategies
- Oversee crisis response, including on-call duties on rotation with leadership staff
- Develop quarterly and annual goals and objectives for all Advance LA programs
- Develop, monitor, and revise budget for all programs
- Track and monitor numbers for all programs
- Lead and Develop annual conference
- Conceptualize and build models for use in university settings
- Build relationships with universities and partnerships for program expansion
- Create and implement assessment and intake procedures for all Advance LA programs
- Provide overall clinical and administrative supervision of staff and program functions of Advance LA and Live. Advance. LA. including the care and supervision of the young adults, performance of staff, and care of the program’s physical environments.
- A Masters Degree in Social Work or Psychology, or a Doctorate in Psychology.
- Two years’ experience with an adolescent or young adult population in a supervisory capacity.
- At least five years prior experience working with adolescents or young adults with special needs, specifically those on the autism spectrum and/or with significant emotional challenges preferred.
- Experience in individual, group, and family therapy and knowledge or experience with behavior management techniques. Strong background in consultation and staff development.
- Effective communication skills both oral and written.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a changing environment.
- Computer skills sufficient to meet production demands of the job including Microsoft Office and Excel, and skill in maintaining detained, accurate and complete records.
- Current CA driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier.
- Sensitivity to the different cultures represented among the residents, families and staff.
- Ability to model positive behaviors and Agency values.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a cutting edge agency experiencing tremendous growth. All interested applicants are strongly encouraged to learn more about The Help Group at www.thehelpgroup.org.
Please email your resume to email@example.com or fax your resume to (818) 779-5242. Email preferred.