The Help Group, a large non-profit organization in the San Fernando Valley, is searching for a Employment Specialists to join our Cal WORKs Outpatient team! The Outpatient Department is a strength-based family-focused program used by communities to support children and families with complex needs. Families are usually referred from the community, through the Department of Children and Family Services, or the Department of Mental Health. Plans are developed with a family centered team, based on the strengths and culture of the child and family.
This position is specifically geared towards the Cal WORKs population, which are adult clients that require support in overcoming barriers to obtaining and maintaining employment. The Cal WORKs program supports not only the client, but the client’s family unit as well. The ideal candidate must be culturally sensitive, comfortable with engaging with client’s, as well as community liaisons and a great team player.
Typical Duties ES/CM:
– Prepare clients for employment including career profile assessment and goal development, resume building, job searching, help with interviews, and employment maintenance.
– Attend mandatory provider’s meetings, mandatory trainings specific to the program.
– Work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
– Outreach and network with job developers within the San Fernando Valley and San Gabriel Valley
– Provide case management services to children and their families, including the identification and pursuit of resources necessary and appropriate to meet clients’ needs.
– Provide in-home or in-office direct service to families as needed.
– Provide supportive assistance to the client, as well as, the family unit in the assessment and determination of need, followed by direct linkage to needed resources.
– Works directly with client’s therapist as part of a team in order to alleviate barriers to client’s and their family’s functioning.
– Assist with securing adequate living arrangements/housing needs, food-related needs, vocational needs, educational needs, supportive services, social/recreational and mental health services.
– Assist clients and their families in linking with other service agencies as necessary.
– Attend outside agency meetings with community liaisons as assigned.
– Maintain client charts in a responsible manner and meet all DMH paperwork and deadline requirements in a timely manner.
– Manage a caseload of approximately 20+ people.
– Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
– Bachelor’s degree in related field, BSW preferred.
– Two years experience in social services required.
– Prior experience as an Employment Specialist or Vocational Rehab Specialist preferred.
– Must have a valid California driver’s license and a good driving record.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your resume and cover letter to (818) 779-5242; email preferred. We will contact you if we feel you have the right experience for our opening. No Calls Please! Do to the high volume of resumes we will not be accepting phone calls.