The Help Group is searching for a dynamic and dedicated High School Principal for our Village Glen West school located in Culver City. Village Glen is an innovative, multidisciplinary day school specifically designed for students with challenges in the areas of socialization, communicative and pragmatic language development and peer relations, including Asperger’s Disorder, high functioning autism, anxiety-related disorders and non-verbal learning disabilities. Recognizing the strengths, challenges and natural talents of each student, Village Glen promotes social and personal well-being and strong academic achievement. Village Glen has developed a unique framework emphasizing social skills development that synthesizes and integrates the best practices currently available in the field. This framework has been recognized as a model of excellence.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with school district policies and procedures.
- Hire, orient, train, supervise and evaluate teaching staff.
- Ensure that classroom curriculum is appropriate and meet the needs of each student.
- Supervise behavior management program.
- Transition new students into school program.
- Develop extracurricular programs.
- Serve as coordinator of interdisciplinary team.
- Attend student Individual Education Program (IEPs) or send an administrative designee.
- Serve as liaison to parents and school district.
- Coordinate with transportation carrier.
- Oversee outcome evaluation study to ensure program is achieving its goals.
- Manage curriculum and reinforcement.
- Level I or II Mild/Moderate credential (with the autism added authorization) or Level I or II Moderate/Severe Special Education Teaching Credential required.
- Three years special ed teaching experience.
- One year school administration experience required.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax your resume to (818) 779-5242. Email preferred and please include your salary requirements in your cover letter. We will contact those we feel have the qualifications for the position. Thank you!