The Help Group is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive nonprofit organization in the United States, serving children with special needs related to autism, Asperger’s disorder, learning disabilities, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, mental retardation, abuse and emotional problems. We are searching for a dynamic and organized self-starter to join our school team in the capacity of Workability Coordinator. This is a full time position (M-F) with benefits. Position will be working in both Culver City and the Valley.
It is essential that you have the ability to work well with special needs high school students or young adults, in the areas of autism, Aspergers disorder, developmental disabilities, and/or emotional/behavioral challenges. Strong computer skills necessary. Must possess a valid CA driver’s license, with a good driving record (driving for at least 3 years and must have less than 2 points on license).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work collaboratively with school principals, teachers and the Vocational Director to ensure that the Workability program is designed and implemented to meet the goals and expectations of the grant.
- Provide coordination and oversight of all elements of the Workability program.
- Ensure the development of student vocational goals and objectives, and develop both on and off campus, paid and unpaid, jobs for students.
- Ensure or provide necessary training, supervision and coaching for students placed in employment positions.
- Participate in planning meetings, client case conferences, ITP/IEP training, meetings with therapists, school personnel and all other outside agency providers or representatives.
- Attend vocational meetings as scheduled such as Workability I state conferences, Workability I regional meetings, DR/DMH Los Angeles area task force meetings, local DR, DMH meetings and other meetings as assigned.
- Manage the Workability I grant and ensure that all necessary documentation, reporting and program compliance issues are completed in a timely manner.
- Complete quarterly student surveys and monthly student tracking forms in a timely manner.
- Maintain client charts in a proper, timely responsible manner.
- Work toward the achievement of program goals to enhance and enrich the existing vocational program.
- Be certified in ProAct and use these procedures as needed according to school policy for situation control in a crisis.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. CBEST, experience in vocational rehabilitation, special education, psychology or related field preferred.
- Proven experience and skills working with the disabled young adult population.. Voc ed and/or job development experience highly desirable.
- High energy, detail-oriented person with strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Must have the ability to work within an academic setting, collaborating with educational team, as well as in the community with outside employers.
- Must have valid California driver’s license, be driving for at least 3 years and have less than 2 points on license!
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.thehelpgroup.org