On Saturday, December 19, The Help Group hosted its annual Holiday Carnival to make the holidays brighter for more than 1300 children and families served by The Help Group’s Family-Centered Support Programs, Mental Health & Clinical Programs and Residential Services.
Hasbro continued their tradition of donating toys to ensure that every child took home a wrapped present. Thanks to the contributions of friends and supporters including The Zenith, Anthony & Jeanne Pritzker Family Foundation, Ruggieri Construction, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Firestone Family, Lasky Family, Monkarsh Family and Irwin Siegel Agency, the Sherman Oaks Campus was turned into a winter wonderland for families from economically disadvantaged circumstances who reveled in games, arts & crafts, rides, lots of treats & sweets and a visit from Santa Claus.
The young people from The Help Group’s Kids Like Me club l.a. TEEN program for teens with autism and other social-communication challenges were on hand to help distribute the gifts and longtime supporter, The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf served up coffees and hot chocolate on the crisp winter afternoon.
The Help Group’s Silverlining Designer Resale Boutique & Vocational Training Center set up its annual Clothing Corner and made available children’s and adult clothing, shoes and accessories for all occasions at no cost to families.
Our heartfelt thanks to the many staff and volunteers for donating their time and caring to make the day truly a special one for so many children and families.NextGEN gallery is not installed/inactive!
1. A family enjoying the arts and crafts station
2. A Help Group student with his family stopped for a quick photograph next to Santa
3. The Help Group’s Dr. Barbara Firestone, Pres. & CEO, Gary Carmona, Board Chairman, Debby Webb, Senior Executive Administrator, Dr. Susan Berman, COO, Dr. Jason Bolton, VP of Programs and Tom Komp, Senior VP
4. The Help Group’s Senior Director of Outpatient Services, Olga Zysman with a young attendee
5. Carnival attendee having fun on the pony rides
6. Help Group Board Member, Barry Nagoshiner, Peggy Nagoshiner and Tom Komp
7. Help Group Director of Public Affairs, Brad Shahine was this year’s Santa Claus and made the day truly a special one for so many children
8. Help Group Director of Stepping Stones Preschool Program, Lizeth Cervantes with a student
9. Face painting is always a Carnival favorite
10. In line for the Ferris Wheel
11. Help Group Carnival events team, Kysstina Janacua, Melissa Shapin and Director of Events, Julie Hirschberg