The Help Group’s Community Employment Program offers eligible youth, ages 16 and older, the special guidance, skills and support needed to obtain and maintain competitive employment. This unique vocational program, funded by the Department of Rehabilitation and the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health, was especially created to assist young people with social-emotional and/or mental health challenges. Employment Specialists work with each client individually to evaluate, train, develop and implement plans and practices that will result in successful work placements.
Services provided through The Community Employment Program are:
- Job skills and job search training
- Vocational assessment services
- Placements in socially integrated and appropriate work environments
- On-the-job training
- On-site and off-site counseling to support sustained employment
- On-going follow along services
Eligibility for the Community Employment Program is determined by:
- Age: Young adults who are 16 years of age or older.
- Commitment: The Community Employment Program is designed to provide assistance and support to those young adults who are motivated to work
- Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health: Young adult must be a current client receiving services from Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health
- Department of Rehabilitation: Clients must be authorized or be in the process of opening a case with the Department of Rehabilitation (we assist clients with this process)
For more information or questions about eligibility, please fill out the form below, or contact Heather Humphrey at 818.779.5212.
Vocational Services Form
Thank you for your interest in the Help Group's Vocational Services. Please fill out this form, and we will contact you soon.