Providing Affirming Therapeutic Support to LGBTQ+ Youth & Young Adults
DATE: Tuesday, June 7, 2022
TIME: 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PDT
For Pride Month, we will be discussing the benefits of providing affirming, therapeutic support to LGBTQ+ youth and young adults. LGBTQ+ Affirmative Psychology is a branch of psychology that embraces a positive view of LGBTQ+ people and addresses the negative impacts of the biases and prejudices they may encounter. Join us as we discuss ways to integrate Queer affirmative principles into clinical practice and/or supporting your LGBTQ+ clients and loved ones.
Topics covered in this session include:
- History of LGBTQ+ Affirmative Psychology
- The need for affirming support
- Benefits of LGBTQ+ Affirmative Psychology
- Core components of LGBTQ+ Affirmative Psychology
- Clinical considerations when working with LGBTQ+ youth and young adults
- Q&A Panel
- Jason Bolton, PsyD (moderator) – VP of Community Partnerships & Admissions at The Help Group
- Sarah Bruce, Psy.D., (she/her), Post-Doctoral Psychology Fellow and Therapist at Lumina Counseling Center
- Joselyn Valle, Psy.D., (she/ella), LGBTQ+ Therapist at Kaleidoscope and Lumina Counseling Center
Having issues registering? Please contact Melissa for assistance at 818-947-5542 or firstname.lastname@example.org.