The Help Group’s Project SAFE is an early intervention child abuse prevention program, originally developed through First 5 LA’s Partnerships for Families (PFF) Initiative and is supported by LA County Department of Children and Family Services. Project SAFE is a home visitation program that provides at-risk families with parenting support, case management, assistance with concrete needs, and linkage to community resources. Families with children 0-5 are referred directly by DCFS have been assessed to be at-risk for child maltreatment. Project SAFE also serves at-risk pregnant/expectant parents or parents with infants who may be referred through various community sources or through self-referral.
For more info visit projectsafela.org.
Project SAFE provides:
- In-Home visits by trained counselors
- Assistance with accessing resources and linkage to community supports
- Education about pregnancy, breastfeeding, child development, parenting, and safety
- Strategies to manage stress and how to develop strong parent-child relationships
- Parent workshops, community events, and family activities
Lucyna Iga Gaj, LMFT
Senior Director, Intensive Family Programs
Melissa Miller, LMFT
Director of Child and Family Protective Services
Neva Corvino, LMFT
Diane Perdomo, LMFT
Servicing San Fernando Valley/Santa Clarita Valley Region
SPA 2 Office
13130 Burbank Blvd.
Sherman Oaks, CA 91401
Servicing West Los Angeles Region
SPA 5 Office
12099 W. Washington Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90066
If you would like more information about Project SAFE, please fill out this form and we will contact you soon.