Project SAFE is a child abuse prevention program, developed through First 5 LA’s Partnerships for Families (PFF) Initiative. With the shared vision of creating a safer, more nurturing community for children 0-5, Project SAFE collaborates with a network of agencies dedicated to serving and strengthening families in the San Fernando and Santa Clarita Valleys.
Project SAFE offers in-home mental health services, case management, assistance with concrete needs, and linkage to community resources. Families served are referred though Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services who are assessed as high-risk. Project SAFE also serves at-risk pregnant/expectant parents or parents with infants who may be referred through various community sources or through self-referral.
Project SAFE provides:
- In-Home visits by trained counselors
- Assistance with accessing resources and linkage to community supports
- Education about pregnancy, breastfeeding, child development, parenting, and safety
- Strategies to manage stress and how to develop strong parent-child relationships
- Parent workshops, community events, and family activities
Lucyna Iga Gaj, LMFT
Senior Director, Intensive Family Programs
Melissa Miller, LMFT
Director of Child and Family Protective Services
Neva Corvino, LMFT
Diane Perdomo, LMFT
Servicing San Fernando Valley/Santa Clarita Valley Region
SPA 2 Office
13130 Burbank Blvd.
Sherman Oaks, CA 91401
If you would like more information about Project SAFE, please fill out this form and we will contact you soon.