Attending summer camps has long been a part of the quintessential childhood experience. While all kids stand to benefit from a quality camp experience, the benefits for campers with special needs are amplified as it provides them with an opportunity to build on their social and life skills. In this webcast, we discussed why children with autism benefit from attending specialized vs traditional summer camps.
For parents, educators, professionals, and the community at large.
- Why children with autism benefit from specialized camps?
- What camp features and support system should you be looking for when researching camp options?
- Are there any avenues for financial assistance?
- Dr. Jason Bolton (Moderator) – VP of Admissions & Community Partnerships, The Help Group
- Dianne Lotivio, M.A. – Program Director, Kids Like Me & Attendance and Retention, School Based Programs